Revision Surgery Tampa
If you have undergone facial plastic surgery and experienced less improvement than desired or have had a complication, you may be a candidate for revision surgery. You may be a candidate for revision or tuck surgery or simply a different procedure if you have:
- Undesirable nose shape or breathing problems after rhinoplasty.
- Brows that are too low or uneven after browlift.
- Rounding (pulling down) of the lower eyelids after eyelid lifting (blepharoplasty).
- Alteration of the hairline or loss of hair after browlift or facelift.
- Persistent fullness of the nasolabial fold after facelift surgery.
- Persistent fullness under the chin after face and neck lift or neck contouring surgery.
- Significant neck skin laxity after face and neck lift.
- Facial asymmetry after any procedure.
- Deformity after skin cancer surgery.
Plastic surgery is a precision discipline; however it is also an art that is subject to a variety of factors. Patient factors include each patient’s healing response and tissue integrity (negatively affected by advancing age, smoking, extensive sun damage, etc). Procedure-related factors may include too little or too much tissue rearrangement, removal or tightening despite your surgeon’s best effort to do just the right amount in this regard — your results will be uniquely yours.
The need or desire to have a revision or tuck procedure does not mean that your surgeon performed below a certain standard of care. It is much more likely that your surgeon attempted to do just the right amount while being careful not do too much.
Patients seeking aesthetic and/or reconstructive plastic surgery need to accept the fact that a revision or tuck may be necessary to achieve the optimal result. Some patients do very well with a specific procedure while others achieve only partial improvement with the same procedure. Part of the art of plastic surgery involves being relatively certain that a specific procedure will give a particular patient the desired improvement, but also knowing what else can or should be done if the result is for any reason less than satisfactory.
Schedule your Revision Surgery consultation today by clicking here!